5G: 5G refers to the “5th generation” wireless technology. Its intended purpose is to provide faster and higher capacity data transmissions to carry the massive amount of data that will be generated from the Internet of Things (IoT) and for faster video streaming. That said, no one is yet clear about how 5G will be achieved, so at present, it is being used more as a marketing term than a reality.
Our government and the wireless industry predict that 5G will deliver millions of new cell towers to our neighborhoods outfitting virtually every lamppost with a “small cell” beaming radiation into our homes 24/7. In light of the robust and ever growing independent science, showing adverse health effects from radiofrequency microwave radiation, the densification of our neighborhoods with 5G-infrastructure may prove to be a very ill-conceived idea.
Internet of Things: The Internet of Things, as being marketed and sold to the public, is a vision of wirelessly connecting every “thing” possible to the Internet — all machines, appliances, objects and devices. In addition, the IoT will include Artificial Intelligence (AI), robots, and Virtual Reality (VR), and IoT sensors and surveillance cameras will pepper our communities as well. The IoT cyber physical system – which includes humans – will render all objects “smart”, i.e. connected to the Cloud thus enabling machine-to-machine and machine-to-human communications.
Every IoT “thing”, including AI and VR, will generate personal usage-data which will be mined, stored, and used by government and industry.
Every IoT “thing”, including AI and VR, will also irradiate our homes and communities 24/7 with hazardous frequencies of pulsed microwave radiation. .
Some of the IoT products currently being manufactured include driverless cars, clothing, toasters, coffee makers, even diapers, and pacifiers for babies will be made “smart”. There will be “smart” mattresses, (with “infidelity detection systems”), “smart” toothbrushes to record and notify you how well you are brushing your teeth, WiFi connected pills to transmit data from inside your belly, and the IoT even “promises” sex-bots and bluetooth tampons.
Although government and industry promote the IoT as the panacea for all ills, the IoT itself, creates a plethora of problems. This website discusses eight ways that 5G and the IoT will cause serious harms to humans, wildlife, and our Earth. After exploring this website and further research, you may feel the hoped for benefits of the IoT do not outweigh the very serious harms – and you may choose to not buy into the IoT, both figuratively and literally.
Eight ways 5G and the IoT will harm humans, the environment, and our Earth
- Health – The robust and growing independentscience shows harms to our health from microwave radiation
- Privacy – The invasion of our privacy from the collection and mining of our digital data
- Cyber Security -The fast growing and devastating cyber security risks
- Environment – The harms to wildlife, particularly bees, butterflies and other pollinators
- Energy – The huge energy consumption to produce and power a wireless Internet of Things
- Brains and Humanity – The effects on our brains and humanity from humans increasingly inhabiting the cyber world
- E-Waste – The astronomical e-waste that will be generated from connecting virtually every “thing” to the Internet
- Conflict Minerals – 5G and the IoT will vastly grow our dependence on conflict minerals, which have brought about the death of close to 6 million people