This website focuses on the downsides of 5G and the Internet of Things (IoT). Industry, with the help of our government, has launched a race to “lead the world” in 5G and the IoT. In so doing, they focus only on the supposed benefits of these and neglect to consider, or warn of, the problems,
This website takes a hard look at 5G and the Internet of Things – free from industry and government bias and spin. We do not hide our viewpoint, nor do we present any of the supposed “benefits”, as these are amply provided elsewhere. We believe that after looking into the downsides of 5G and the IoT, you may agree that the supposed benefits do not outweigh the harms.
Industry and government are promoting 5g and the IoT as the “next big thing” hoping these will generate enormous economic growth, a colossal amount of data, and untold benefits to society. Moreover, these are being foisted on us, in what can only be described as a mad rush. The Telecom industry, echoed by our government officials, insist they are merely responding to “public demand.” Yet the vast majority of people don’t even know what 5G and the IoT are.
Whatis5g.info delineates nine ways in which 5G and the Internet of Things will adversely impact us all. These are, health, environment, cybersecurity, privacy, energy consumption, effects on our brains and humanity, e-waste, conflict minerals, and ethics. There are other problems with 5G and the IoT such as workers’ conditions, toxic materials, jobs replaced by artificial intelligence and robots, and so forth. These and more will be addressed in blog posts.
In addition, the website includes a section for each of the following:
- An overview of 5G and the Internet of Things – Homepage
- An explanation of the science of microwave radiation
- An explanation of the benefits of fiber optics and coaxial cable
- Actions we can take to protect our rights and those of all living beings.
After considering the downsides of the 5G and the Internet of Things, it is our hope you will feel moved to take action to protect yourself, your community, and our Earth. We need you!!
Who am I?
I am a mother, grandmother, musician, and now activist. My formal training was in music – piano and choral conducting. Apart from my experience as founder, and now director of Maryland Smart Meter Awareness, my only credential for putting together this website is my deep love for our Earth with all its many and diverse beings.
With 5G and the IoT looming on the horizon, and most people still completely unaware, I felt called upon to create this website. It is my hope that as people become more informed about the potential harms of 5G and the IoT, they will be better equipped to mindfully choose a path forward that represents the highest wisdom and will of All.
Theodora Scarato (MSW) — Theodora Scarato develops educational resources for communities and governments, coordinates scientific programs in the US and internationally and develops policy updates. Her work on wireless radiation, lead contaminated water, pesticides, and tire based playing fields lead to the co-founding of several organizations both locally and nationally that address various environmental health and safety concerns. She is a also a practicing clinical Social Worker, formerly directed a special education therapy program in Maryland Schools, and has an extensive background working in mental health with children and adolescents.
Assya Pascalev (Ph.D.) – Assya Pascalev is a philosopher working in the areas of moral philosophy, bioethics, social and political philosophy, the ethics of technology, neuroethics, food ethics and research ethics. She holds a doctorate in applied philosophy and has extensive experience teaching philosophy and bioethics in Europe and the USA. Her research has appeared in numerous international academic journals including Neuroethics, Transplant International, and Monash Bioethics Review. In her latest research, she explores the impact of technology on our ability to exercise moral agency, to make moral choices and to live an authentic life.
Allison Main – Alison Main is a freelance writer and journalist with an expertise in environmental health, electromagnetic safety, wireless technology, chemical safety, tech addiction, electro-sensitivity, and building biology. Her published work has appeared in Paleo Magazine, Best Self Magazine, Notre Dame Magazine, News of Pelham, NaturalHealth365.com, and JolieTalks.com. And her media appearances include podcasts and radio interviews. Also a creative director, Alison works on environmental health and safety awareness campaigns with number of public policy organizations and individuals. You can read some of her work at www.alisonmain.me.
Internet of Things – short version The Internet of Things (IoT) is a not so well thought through dream of wirelessly connecting every “thing” possible to the Internet. it will include machines, appliances, “things”, sensors, devices, surveillance cameras, robots, and even animals and humans. Additionally, the IoT will include Artificial Intelligence (AI), robots, and Virtual Reality (VR), and Augmented Humans.
5G – short version: 5G will deliver millions of new cell towers to our already radiation saturated neighborhoods. Virtually every lamppost and utility pole around the country will house a “small cell” which will beam radiation into our homes and neighborhoods 24/7. Many people do not wish to live next to a cell tower.
In a Nutshell - 8 Reasons 5G and the IoT Should Be Halted
- HEALTH – The robust and growing independent science shows harms to our health from radiation
- PRIVACY – Our privacy will be invaded from the collection and mining of all our digital data
- CYBERSECURITY – There are fast growing and devastating cyber security risks from the IoT
- ENVIRONMENT – 5G and the IoT pose a threat to our wildlife, particularly bees, butterflies and other pollinators, and threaten biodiversity
- ENERGY – Wireless radiation consumes mega amounts more energy than does wired. To produce and run a wireless IoT and its attendant Cloud, will be extraordinarily energy consumptive
- EFFECTS ON OUR BRAINS AND HUMANITY – There are adverse effects on our brains and humanity from humans increasingly inhabiting the cyber world and by melding humans with machines
- E-WASTE – There will be an astronomical increase in e-waste generated from morphing all “things” into digital transmitters
- CONFLICT MINERALS – 5G and the IoT will vastly grow our dependence on conflict minerals which have contributed to the death of close to 6 million Congolese people