Update: SB 649 passed out of the House and was sent back to the Senate for a final vote on the amended version. Since SB 649 also passed out of the Senate, it will now go to Governor Brown for signing. Letters, emails and calls should pour into Governor Jerry Brown’s Office within the next few days.
We are having a Post Card Campaign at the Ecology Center Booth at the Berkeley Farmer’s Market this Saturday. \Don’t have time to send a postcard? We can send one for you, please email us back – Saraharminoff@aol.com. There’s a coordinated social media campaign, asking folks to take pics of their postcards and post using #STOP SB 649 to further amplify the avalanche.
Please write a Letter to the Editor! Recent articles include:
Sample Post Cards to Governor Jerry Brown:
1) Stop SB 649! SB 649 is a project from ALEC, the American Legislative Exchange Council, an organization for corporate advantage over what is good for the public.
2)The CA state Dept of Finance does not approve of SB 649, nor do 300 local cities in California as it overturns local governance in favor of corporate control.
3) SB 649 impacts climate change and energy consumption – – Wireless technology consumes more energy than wired — fiber optics, cable, etc. See http://whatis5g.info/energy-consumption/
4) SB 649 ruins aesthetics in California. Teamsters are opposed and might pull the film industry out of state. Please retweet! “We view this bill as a full assault on local democracy!” Barry Broad, Teamsters Public Affairs Council #NoOnSB649https://twitter.com/CaCities/status/908742091668307968
5) SB 649 protects industry not health. Harmful effects of RF-EMF fields are already proven. A large number of peer-reviewed scientific reports show harm to human health including increased cancer and deaths around cell towers — subsequently when cell towers are removed, studies show that the death rate returns to normal levels. The US National Toxicology Program (NTP) shows an increase in incidents of brain and heart cancer in animals exposed to EMF.
6) Firefighters got an exemption from cell towers on their building, after facing neurological symptoms and other health problems — what about our most vulnerable populations such as children? http://fearlessparent.org/cell-tower-hypocrisy-rescuing-firefighters-not-kids/
7) More than 180 scientists and doctors from 35 countries, recommend a moratorium on the roll-out of the fifth generation, 5G, for telecommunication until potential hazards for human health and the environment have been fully investigated by scientists independent from industry.
8) SB 649 creates unsafe working conditions for utility workers. SB 649 antennas will be placed on utility poles, and utility workers will be exposed all day up close.
After asking Gov. Brown to veto SB 649, what else can you do? Post a link to this website on your Facebook page, your Twitter feed or your Instagram account. http://www.noon649.org/ Together we can protect the health and safety of all Californians! Thank you taking a moment to do this, and for taking a stand on this important issue!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING AND SUBMITTING COMPLAINT
(Links to Complaint forms below)
To stop SB649 from becoming a law, we need to make a formal complaint to the CA Attorney General whose job it is to inform the Governor regarding the legality of legislation, uphold the law, and protect our rights. This complaint demands that the Governor VETO SB649 based on several legal grounds.
Below are clear instructions. Please print the form; fill it out; and either fax it, or online-fax it* (instructions below) as soon as possible. Unfortunately, the Governor does not provide an email only a fax number.
If you have a question, please contact Brenda at 310-458-8886 or email her at email@example.com.
We need a mass of complaints to be submitted to the Governor and Attorney General (see more information about the complaint below).
IMPORTANT – We expect the Governor to sign SB649 soon. Thus we need to submit these complaints immediately. PLEASE try to fax these complaints to the Governor and AG as soon as possible – ideally by Monday, September 18th.
PLEASE contact any person you know in CA to do the same. This is IMPORTANT. Let’s make this happen!!
(NOTE – YOU CAN TYPE DIRECTLY ONTO THE DOCUMENT, SAVE, AND/OR PRINT IT.)
Choose the complaint that most closely applies to you.
- Person Sick with Electro-Sensitivity – Complaint to Governor and Attorney General
- Person Sick with Cancer – Complaint to Governor and Attorney General
- Person Not Yet Sick from Wireless – Complaint to Governor and Attorney General
Complete your personal information in Section 1.
Complete your sickness information (if applicable) in Section 2.
Print the form and sign it.
Fax the Complaint to the Governor and the AG.
Fax completed form to the Governor: (916) 558 3160
Fax completed form to the Attorney General: (916) 445 6749
The Governor does not have an email address. He does not want to make it easy for you to give him feedback. Please make the effort to fax him your complaint.
* Fax Online for Free using: https://faxzero.com/fax_governor/California
Or find a fax in hotels, office depot, Staple, Fed-Ex Office, UPS store, Mail-Box Etc (if you do not have one).
Please keep a copy of your complaint for your records.
Please save and email us a copy of your Complaint (no need for signature) so we can follow-up with the Governor and the Attorney General – (Email Brenda: firstname.lastname@example.org) If the form is hand-written, and it is difficult for you to scan, please email your contact info and to let us know that you submitted the Complaint and your contact information.
Have a Questions?
Contact Brenda at 310-458-8886 or email her at email@example.com if you have a question.
Further explanation and background for the Complaint:
SB649 is ILLEGAL. It violates the Constitutional Rights of every resident of California, essentially legalizes Criminal Assault and violates the Disability rights of those who already have become sick from wireless radiation. It is also illegal and discriminatory because of the exemption to fire stations/fighters. We should demand that our rights be protected.
It is the Role of the Governor and especially that of the State Attorney General to protect the rights, health and safety of the residents of their state and uphold the law. We need to demand that they comply with their legal responsibilities and the law.
This complaint explains why SB649 is illegal and how it would harm people and why it should not become law. Please fill out this form to demand that the CA Governor VETO SB649 and the Attorney General protect our rights and uphold the law, and if it becomes law challenge SB649.