Update: SB 649 passed out of the House and was sent back to the Senate for a final vote on the amended version. Since SB 649 also passed out of the Senate, it will now go to Governor Brown for signing. Letters, emails and calls should pour into Governor Jerry Brown’s Office within the next few days.
We are having a Post Card Campaign at the Ecology Center Booth at the Berkeley Farmer’s Market this Saturday. \Don’t have time to send a postcard? We can send one for you, please email us back – Saraharminoff@aol.com. There’s a coordinated social media campaign, asking folks to take pics of their postcards and post using #STOP SB 649 to further amplify the avalanche.
Please write a Letter to the Editor! Recent articles include:
Sample Post Cards to Governor Jerry Brown:
1) Stop SB 649! SB 649 is a project from ALEC, the American Legislative Exchange Council, an organization for corporate advantage over what is good for the public.
2)The CA state Dept of Finance does not approve of SB 649, nor do 300 local cities in California as it overturns local governance in favor of corporate control.
3) SB 649 impacts climate change and energy consumption – – Wireless technology consumes more energy than wired — fiber optics, cable, etc. See https://whatis5g.info/energy-consumption/
4) SB 649 ruins aesthetics in California. Teamsters are opposed and might pull the film industry out of state. Please retweet! “We view this bill as a full assault on local democracy!” Barry Broad, Teamsters Public Affairs Council #NoOnSB649https://twitter.com/CaCities/status/908742091668307968
5) SB 649 protects industry not health. Harmful effects of RF-EMF fields are already proven. A large number of peer-reviewed scientific reports show harm to human health including increased cancer and deaths around cell towers — subsequently when cell towers are removed, studies show that the death rate returns to normal levels. The US National Toxicology Program (NTP) shows an increase in incidents of brain and heart cancer in animals exposed to EMF.
6) Firefighters got an exemption from cell towers on their building, after facing neurological symptoms and other health problems — what about our most vulnerable populations such as children? http://fearlessparent.org/cell-tower-hypocrisy-rescuing-firefighters-not-kids/
7) More than 180 scientists and doctors from 35 countries, recommend a moratorium on the roll-out of the fifth generation, 5G, for telecommunication until potential hazards for human health and the environment have been fully investigated by scientists independent from industry.
8) SB 649 creates unsafe working conditions for utility workers. SB 649 antennas will be placed on utility poles, and utility workers will be exposed all day up close.
After asking Gov. Brown to veto SB 649, what else can you do? Post a link to this website on your Facebook page, your Twitter feed or your Instagram account. http://www.noon649.org/ Together we can protect the health and safety of all Californians! Thank you taking a moment to do this, and for taking a stand on this important issue!